View Single Post
Old 14th April 2019, 17:34   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
The radio tuner is actually located under a plastic cover In the spare wheel well on the saloon, the first thing I’d check is whether you have water collecting in the spare wheel well. This can play havoc with the connectors.

If you remove the covers you’ll see two silver boxes, the unit on the right (drivers side) is the radio tuner, the one on the left is the video module that supplies your high line screen display. Check for corrosion especially on the 18 pin block connector to the radio module.
I've had a quick look in the spare wheel well today - there is some clear water swilling about (it's parked with N/S elevated on a footpath) so the water, about a 1/4 cupful, has collected on the driver side and I've mopped it up. Unfortunately looking in the actual wheelwell/side of wheelwell, I can't locate the radio tuner/cover. There is some OEM sound deadening (thin black stuff) with a slight bulge underneath - am I looking in the wrong place?
Alternatively should I be looking behind the side boot liner where the sat nav. CD drive sits?
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote