View Single Post
Old 29th July 2022, 17:25   #166041
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Not a happy bunny . . . . at all. I have a special model I made for my father when he was still with us, the Police traffic car he used to drive, Austin Westminster. Sits fixed to a wooden display base. It was kit bashed from a model Westminster, made the Police specific parts etc for it. We had visitors yesterday, with two rather wild kids, I noticed earlier both wing mirrors on the model are gone, broken off and disappeared, the police sign on the roof has been broken off and the blue light from the top of the sign is gone . . . . thoroughly pee'd off and more than a little upset
I have a model S type Jag and a 75 that were "Special Editions". My grandson has often asked to play with them but he now knows that they are for looking at and not playing with! Hopefully, he will appreciate them one day. I gave my younger cousins a full set of boxed Dinky army toys when they were younger. I thought that my (ex-marine) uncle would have instructed them in how to look after them but they were trashed within a day!!!! My older cousin recently saw some similar kit make thousands on the telly! I just raised my eyebrows when he told me!