View Single Post
Old 12th February 2020, 09:56   #20
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
It’s the foam which degenerates over the years and I think it may depend on whether the car is sits in high temperatures. My Zircon 75 which I re trimmed spent it’s entire life on the south coast whereas my Wedgwood 75 the headliner was still perfect.

As regards the colour I think the colour was a shade darker in the Zircon as it had blue personal line seating.

It’s not only Rovers which suffer from this fate as I’ve read lots of posts on the Jaguar forums with the same headliner problem.
I think theres some truth in that! about higher temps, my Rover 75 could go in the garage and get locked away however due to high usage i tend to leave it on the drive, so always out in the cold ( blighty) and the roof on my 2002 model is mint no sagging and no blobbing either. However my sons Mark 3 rover 45 ( last of the newest shapes) of the R45 model has a very late built car April 2005 05 car ( all the engine have stickers on it showing built period) so its was one of the last to get out the factory to showrooms, and his roof lining is sagging yet 3 years newer than mine on a 02 reg Rover R75.

Strangely he garages his and the garage is a lot warmer, plus he likes his car heating on Brazilian style ! where i always have a 1 inch gap in my windows for air flow and heating on luke warm i prefer it that way. I like my temp on F, so normally around 40F WHEN HEATING IS ON. I wonder if heating is the killer of the roof lining, though heating, sunlight and no airflow?
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote