View Single Post
Old 30th April 2013, 21:21   #1
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Default Average 60mpg over 1400miles.....

Average 60mpg over 1400 miles, on a 9 night trip to Scotland...WOW

Been away for 10 days in the Scottish Highlands....and achieved excellent mpg on my trip....I filled to the brim before leaving home...I’d had a mixed driving week prior to this fill and it worked out at around 51mpg....
On the morning of the 4th day of the holiday I filled to the brim again...it took 40.95 litres and had done 542 miles....The OBD saying I was getting 57.6mpg, with 260 miles of fuel left in the tank(total over 800 per tank)..........As usual the OBD was a bit low and the brim to brim calculation was 60.1 mpg...
On the morning of the 7th day, and after doing another 559 miles, I filled to the brim again with 42.4 litres.....this time the OBD recorded 56.7mpg with 225 miles left in the tank.(total 784 to the tank)..........again the OBD mpg was low, with it actually working out at 59.9mpg....
I filled up again (22.4 litres) when I got near home, this time it was a mere 300miles, but brim to brim it gave me was 60.8 mpg.... the OBD still only reading 57.6
The roads in the Highlands were empty, which enabled me to see the sights and cruise around in 5th gear at 40 to 55mph....I would reckon at least 90% of my journey was in 5th gear. The journeys up and back were steady with no unplanned stopping or traffic holdups.....
And for the doubters....I’ve been watching my mileage for well over a year now.....I KNOW there’s no air locks, I KNOW my method is reliable.....I’ve learnt how to drive my car (without upsetting too many people behind me....lol) and without fast acceleration, or hard braking...These are by far the best figures I’ve ever had, and hopefully my XPower upgrade is starting to pay for itself.....
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote