View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 15:01   #8
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin75tourer View Post
The first journey in my CDTI back home to Cambridge from Aberdeen registered 64.1 mpg on the computer and was over 550 miles. The needle on the fuel gauge hit the half way point 510 miles into the journey.
Its a pity you didnt brim to brim it, to get a true result....My maximum at the half way point was 440......with 360 left in the tank it said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelOBB View Post
The above works to when I did the course we drove a set route in the instructors car using our normal driving style them following his. The difference was amazing.
I agree with all of the points you make....the main none obvious one, I think is...getting into 5th gear as soon as possible...I can do 30mph in 5th on a levelish road and my rpm is aound 1000, if I were in fourth gear it would be around 1400 and in third around 1800......its got to make a fantastic difference to your mpg...and its amazing how many times I still notice I could have been in a higher gear...

Last edited by bassman; 1st May 2013 at 15:09..
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote