View Single Post
Old 5th September 2020, 10:32   #9
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Thumbs up Keep going!

One of my son’s had a go at me for spending money om my 75’s BUT :-
• These are luxury British cars , wonderful design in and out . Proud about this
• The smoothness of ride always put’s a smile on my face
• In terms of money , I just do not think I could buy another car of this quality for a reasonable price and have confidence in either it’s history or what it was going to cost me over the years. I know my cars very well – especially Service aspects and points to watch. I would not know that for another car and would always doubt just why it was being sold!
• My brother in law has a newer BMW ( usual boring grey!) and the Service/running costs are just absurd compared to mine .
• Spares are not proving a real problem with companies like DMGRS – I am building up spares for key areas this way.
• Lastly , I have yet to encounter a problem that has not already been addressed through the75andztclub – invariably with a positive outcome. The guidance / help from colleagues in this club is outstanding and the ‘How too’ section invaluable . Sills are a recognised challenge but with lots of guidance on solutions done by people.
Personally I think one of THE weaknesses with all vehicles is the underneath but , here again , there are pretty good solutions – rigorous removal of any corrosion and all round , thick protection – especially in cavities such as sills. I have detailed what I have done in posts to this club in the past.
As a retired chap I do not have money to burn but I am confident I can keep my 75’s going and have little confidence that a replacement of similar standard would probably cost me a lot to keep on the road - and I just would not feel as proud in it either.
All the best.
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote