View Single Post
Old 30th November 2020, 16:20   #3
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge.g View Post
I had to change the NSF ABS sensor after the wire got damaged a while ago. As usual, the old sensor fell to pieces so I had to drill out the old one. However, after giving the new sensor a wee sand to aid with fitting, it wont sit flush at the top and doesnt seem to want to go down any further. I dont want to resort to forcing it in or bashing it but not sure how to proceed. Its got about 2-3mm further to go, i assume that if replaced back on the car as is, this would cause further problems. Any suggestions guys?
My experience with this suggests it will not work of you leave it like it is. They seem to be extremely sensitive. I had one that would go fully in, and work for a while, but after driving a few miles the light would come on, and i would find the sensor to have popped out of the hole by a very small amount. Much less than in your photo. As you have it accessible from both sides of the hole I suggest you use a G-clamp or similar to press it out of the hole again, and have another go at both the hole and the sensor to get it to go smoothly all the way in.

(I should mention mine was an after market one, never managed to get it to stay in the hole in the end and had to buy an OEM one)
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote