View Single Post
Old 1st October 2019, 17:12   #18
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
Thanks for that Dave....but how did you get hold of my photo ?
I think you have put the picture on the Club site before and I grabbed the image as I collect pictures of Duotone 75's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRWMGTF View Post
Afternoon,
Could someone tell me how the duotone paint scheme works? By that I mean if you have a blue and silver duotone where the blue colour is on the upper half of the car and silver on the lower half what colour would you find in the door openings, under the bonnet and in the boot?
On the car in question the door openings are blue which suggests that the car was originally blue and the lower half of the car was painted silver afterwards?
Regards David
The Duotone I owned was painted and finished in Royal Blue. The lower half was painted Starlight Silver by a contractor.

The contractor did a good job as all the chrome waist trim, the petrol flap, door handles and the boot chrome trim was all removed before the lower colour was added.

Here is a picture of my Duotone with the door removed for power folding mirrors to be fitted.

As you can see the door shuts were not painted the lower body colour.

The Duotone 75's were offered under the Monogram scheme.

The total cost of the Duotone finish was £750, a bargain! as this included the £450 for Metallic / Pearlescent paint, so, cost of Duotone was £300. Even at such a low cost only about 10 facelift Duotones were factory made.

The Duotone scheme was not well advertised and my local dealership did not know they were available and I had to insist they contact MG Rover to order mine.

I ordered mine in April 2004 after seeing that Duotone's were available to order on the MG Rover web site and it was delivered in July 2004.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote