View Single Post
Old 16th April 2018, 15:33   #26
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Here it is Nige:

The orientation of the pulley is how it would appear on the car with the engine aligned in 'safe' condition.
At approximately one o'clock is the groove which I made to correspond with the 'SAFE' arrow on the engine mounting plate casting.
You'll see that 130 degrees in an anticlockwise direction is a little notch in the pulley edge. I have removed the surface corrosion but there is no evidence of any wording as mentioned in RAVE. This notch is a mystery since it cannot represent anything useful on my engine.

Agreed Nige. With the engine locking pin in place, I noted 2mm of rotational play in the mounting of the pulley. Behind it, the notch on the crankshaft toothed wheel aligns with the 'speech bubble', though not precisely:

Simon
Simon you are going away off on a tangent with this one. I would suggest that you forget or erase the mark you have made on the pulley and use the small notch provided by Powertrain on the outside of the crank pulley which is currently sitting at between 8-9 o'clock.

As I have found out before the bubble mark on the oil pump is irrelevant.

You cannot be in the correct flwheel pin location. Fit the pulley back on, and turn the engine over to align the outer mark with the safe point and then try inserting the timing pin in the flywheel hole by turning the engine back and forth slightly to get it to engage and lock the engine.

Last edited by Lovel; 16th April 2018 at 15:42..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote