View Single Post
Old 21st April 2019, 10:17   #7
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullnose75 View Post
I had something similar going on with my Tourer when I got it a year ago. Alarm kept going off - I too ended up disconnecting the battery at night.
Mine turned out to be door wiring.
Even with all doors shut dash often said one was still open. My mate who works in a garage selling second hand cars said he'd had this with cars before. He fixed mine in a couple of minutes. All he did was go around each door,open the door and wiggle the rubber grommet between door pillar and door about,moving the wires about a bit I guess. When he did this to the drivers side rear door and shut that door,the door open icon on dash went out and the alarm hasn't gone off on it's own again since.
Might not be that on yours but worth giving all the wires between doors and door pillars a wiggle. Paul
That sounds like a likely candidate - I was beginning to suspect the doors anyway, even though I don't get the 'door open' warning light on the dash unless one really is open. I'll take a look at the grommets. Maybe there's a sensor on each door lock mechanism too - I don't know.

The other one must be the 'boot open' switch, although I must admit I don't even know where it is (mine's a saloon).
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote