View Single Post
Old 6th November 2021, 00:33   #13070
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
We went for lunch with our friend’s yesterday. Went back to theirs for a natter and a cup of rosy lee. When we came out for home, I noticed there was water that had run from under the car onto the drive. Thought it was from the air conditioning. My mate said it looked green? Looked in the header tank, and the level had fallen slightly. I check it every Sunday morning. Put some of the ready mixed coolant that I keep in the boot and came home. Had a look in the light this morning, and there was damp under where it was dripping down onto the drive. Expletives followed. Looked in the header tank, and there was no difference in height to when it was topped up last night. Funny! Got it up on ramps and found where it was dripping from, the rear of the brace on the nearside. Got a drop on my finger and it was clear water. Now I wonder where it was coming from?
Quote:
As some of you may have guessed, the plenum. Now this is regularly cleaned out by rodding the drain, end of September. When I got access to the plenum, there was around half inch of water in there, just below the aircon filter. Rodded it out, because the hole was covered in small leaves from the May trees that are on the allotment. The moral of this story is :- CHECK YOUR PLENUMS ARE CLEAR BEFORE WE GET THE AUTUMN RAINS? Cheers lads.
Hi David.
Have you cut 15/20mm of each plenum tube hanging down from under the car if not do so, and it should not block up even if a few leaves get into the plenum.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote