View Single Post
Old 8th April 2022, 08:37   #14
shiner
Regional Secretary London South & West

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
This was not my experience.

When my brake lines from front to rear burst due to corrosion my master cylinder repeatedly emptied during a journey. I replaced the defective pipe runs and successfully bled the system with nothing more than Easi Bleed.

Reading RAVE shows that the ABS module would only need bleeding using T4 if ABS braking was activated during the brake fluid leak or if the ignition was switched on during the traditional bleeding process (which would be unnecessary anyway). The reason for this is that under normal braking the only active components are the master cylinder, the pipework and the calipers.

Simon
This is you're experience (1x failed brake pipe on you're own car).
Firstly never had a pipe fail on my own car, always changed them when noticed by myself or a mot tester.
As you said you topped up you're reseviour several times, you didn't run you're system dry. Had you done do you would have experienced, like others the need for a t4 or pscan to run the abs modulator to purge the system of air. Why suggest then the mechanic is at fault and the repair cost is on him, just because it isn't the same as the one senario you encountered?

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Andy
T4.KV6 belt special tools
[2002 MG ZT 2.5 177 manual Starlight silver
2004 MG ZT-T 1.8T 160 manual green
shiner is offline   Reply With Quote