View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2019, 06:19   #4
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Teddy View Post
Hi Folks, I wonder if you can help with an overheating issue I am having with my 2004 1.8 turbo tourer. I drove it approx 3 miles and stopped at a supermarket so was switched off for approx 15mins and all seemed ok.I always keep an eye on the temp gauge as a matter of course for obvious reasons.It was on the way home ( approx 3 miles) that the temp gauge went down as if engine was switched off and the fan came on 2 speed and continued until I switched it off in the drive. I opened the bonnet and engine was hot. I let it cool down for around 30 mins and started it up and switched on the demister and the fan ran on slow speed although when I switched the Econ button on the fan stopped ( Aircon needs a regas ). The hopeless temp gauge sat at 9 o`clock position. The car behaved the same around 4 weeks ago and didn`t do it again until now.I check oil and water before every journey how ever short and mike stafford from MJSAUTOANDMARINE.CO.UK came and replaced head gasket and cambelt in april 2018 at 66k miles and it`s now on 70k so only done a very low mileage.I never drive it hard so in my ownership ( 6 years) it has not been thrashed.And I changed the silver gubbings on the fan to the gold one from Jules when I first got the car after reading the valuable advice on this website. So could anyone tell me why the car is behaving like this please. And I could do without this as a drink driver parked behind it 3 days ago and run straight into the back of it and am waiting for the insurance company to say when they are going to fetch it after I had to send several pics to them showing condition of car ( which is excellent before damage ) and damage caused which isn`t drastic but done all the same.When I returned to the my car the driver was slumped across the steering wheel of his car and was still holding a bottle of beer.Law couldn`t do anything as he had hid the keys and it couldn`t be proved he was the actual driver because the car 4x4 he was in was registered to his friend who he said had gone shopping.Even though I took pic on my phone clearly wearing a seatbelt it meant nothing and the law let him get out of the vehicle ( after putting on sirens to wake him up ) and stagger along the pavement and go along his merry way. The officer in attendance did get the insurance details of the vehicle so am hoping it wont be written off.The officer said the courts are not interested in such cases. So where does that leave us the joe public ? It`s anybodys guess !
It's maddening idiots like that boozed up moron can walk away from the problems they cause, even more so when it's to such lovely cars as our 75's. I hope you don't have too many hassles sorting it out. I hate those cretins that drink drive.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote