Thread: selfish people
View Single Post
Old 26th March 2020, 23:38   #7
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

My mum’s carer has asthma, and from last Sunday she had only been caring for her, as the families of the other two ladies said they were going to manage the care themselves during lockdown for both the sake of herself and her clients, she called me tonight very upset saying she was terrified of getting the virus due to her condition, and her son losing his mum, or her being a carrier and giving it to my mum. So I told her to just stay at home for the time being until restrictions are lifted and I will manage her care myself. There are still people that seem to think this situation is not as serious as it is. I have been shopping and to the post office today and made sure I kept as far away as possible from the shop staff. At the p o, I practically threw the money on the counter for the postage,then apologised to the counter clerk saying I hadn’t intended to throw it, but was just trying to keep away. She was actually grateful and said better that than come too close. At the shop I handed money over at arms length or placed the money on the counter and stood well back. When I go to mum’s tomorrow I have protective gloves but no mask, so will have to use a scarf instead and not make contact with her, although I do need to take her for her daily exercise so she will need to link my arm as she can’t walk unaided.