Thread: ZT 18inch Tyres
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2011, 21:54   #24
Porker

MGZT-T

I bought my ZTT Diesel in April last year and have done 31,000 miles since then. When I bought it the car had a mis-matched set of tyres (18" wheels) all round so following much head scratching, review reading and discussions with friends in the trade I plummed for a set of Hankook Ventus V12 evo's. The real clincher for me, was discovering that they now appear to come as factory fit on new Fords. They seem to be a strange make as traditionally they have been known as a "budget tyre" but I wonder how budget they can be if a manufacturer is willing to put them on from the factory, Ive heard them also reffered to as a "premium budget" ???????.

I do a lot of motorway mileage and I do "push" the car and tyres when not on the motorway. Despite the abuse the fronts amazingly lasted 26,000 miles and like someone said on here they were also pretty competent in the snow at the back end of last year although to be fair I had just put a new pair on the front as the weather started to deteriorate... I've found them superb for grip and feel in both the wet and dry, infact I was that impressed I put a set on the missus Audi A4 sport when the Dunlops wore out. The backs are still going strong with 5mm of tread left. They are directional though which may put some people off.

I run mine at 34 psi if that helps.

Last edited by Porker; 17th January 2011 at 22:02.. Reason: Bad Spelling
Porker is offline   Reply With Quote