COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc82 View Post
Hello all.

2003 MG ZT-T+ CDT

I've just acquired the above car and am so far very happy with it. It's not perfect with a few bits of interior trim needing re-attached and I've already discovered the absolute joy of changing knackered projection headlamp bulbs!

One issue that's bugging me slightly and one I hope someone can help with is it's not a great starter. It turns over as normal and then gets quicker as if the fuel pressure is building up before it starts. Once going it idles sweetly and performs perfectly. It had a new battery and starter motor fitted just before I bought it and it does start better from cold. I'm assuming I can rule out a faulty preheat system with this being the case. I've changed the diesel filter and added a diesel cleaner, so far with very little improvement.

One thing I did notice whilst idling is that if I put my hands on the injector pipes, no.2 injector does not feels as strong as the other 3. Admittedly it is a pretty Heath Robinson way of checking something but usually the simplest tests are the best. Would it be worth performing a leak-off test on the injectors before carrying anything else out such as cam/crank/coolant sensor checks?

Any help is much appreciated.

TIA
John
It won't be the cam/crank/coolant sensor.---Nor the glow plugs. ( Pre-heat system. )

Sounds like an injector .-- Leak back test will soon tell you.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote