View Single Post
Old 20th September 2021, 19:50   #14
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPACA View Post
After 15 wonderful years of ownership, I am just trading in one of my two Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE's for a brand new top of the range MG HS Exclusive 7 speed auto

After a year of big bills on my two 75's, the lovely Mayor of London rolled out the new ULEX charge zone in which my 82 year old mum lives which means the arrival of letters telling me my two girls fall foul of the emissions laws and I will have to pay over 200 quid per month to visit her!

I'd been looking at the HS ever since it was launched, and absolutely fell in love with it, so I was already thinking of making the switch and just needed that final nudge. I took my wife over to the MG crew who have serviced my two 75's for the passed 15 years, APPLEMG in Meopham, and she too fell in love with the HS. Took one out on a demo ride and it blew me away. The list of features is incredible, the little 1.5 engine is perfect for my needs, and the 7 speed auto is very impressive. Back to the showroom and I put a 250.00 deposit down immediately and ordered a new one in Farringdon red tri-colour.

For our old bones, getting in and out is a doddle compared to the 75's and the high up driving position, the headroom, legroom and comfort levels of seats are very much to my liking. I added red leather and a few goodies but sadly thanks to the global shortages of capacitors and other bits from China, I now have to wait 12 to 16 weeks for my new baby to arrive

I can't believe the features which include adaptive cruise control, traction control, stability control, anti roll over control, paddle shifts and turbo nutter bast.rd mode switch for overtaking or manual with no clutch, electric heated seats and mirrors, folding mirrors, abs, 18 inch alloys, reversing camera and beepers, power tailgate, full panoramic sunroof, 6 speaker stereo and connectivity with modern stuff I don't even understand....7 year warranty, free top spec AA membership each of those 7 years, SOS emergency call, not to mention lane assist, and blind spot assist, and the car will brake if it detects a collision and all sorts of other goodies.

Will be a sad day when I park Bluebelle up and drive away, but the MG HS is an amazing car that suits my needs now and my lovely 75 owes me nothing. It's apt also as I began my driving days 40 years ago with MGB's and MG midgets and a host of Rovers from the P6 to the mighty 75, and now I will be an MG owner again and keep my existing MG/Rover garage for parts and service. Win win! I also got a trade in value more than I could have hoped, a great deal and now I'm counting the days until the MG arrives
Enjoy

I've got used to MG Pilot and it is excellent.
There are a number of groups around for owners including the MG Car Club SUV register
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote