View Single Post
Old 19th January 2013, 10:28   #6
bartandrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Contemporary SE

Hi Maninder,

I like to keep my car up together and well serviced so all of the service items, filters, oil etc. are well worth doing BUT I think that you may be overdoing it a bit:

Clutch; it may go next week, next year or in another 50k miles, who knows?

DMF? rarely a problem, total waste of money to replace unless its kaput.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. - My front spring has just gone should you replace all your springs? ......... no.

IMHO do all the service items and cheap stuff - Waxoyl etc. (BTW Dinitrol is better stuff) but expensive stuff; MAF, clutch, lower control arms etc. seems excessive, IF they are OK.

Probably better off spending money on good breakdown cover or even AA repair insurance for that unlikely/unforeseen failure or, as you unfortunately had happen previously, be involved in an accident and car is written off and you'll never recoupe all the money you've spent.

I'm sure that TS autos will do a full inspection which will include all bushes/joints and advise what needs doing and whack it on his T4 for MAF etc.

Just my two pennyworth...................but it's your car and your money but you can do it all and still end up with something go.

I repeat, for major stuff 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.

PS: when I replaced my spring the drop links were a bit 'loose' and the strut top bearing was rough so I replaced them while I had the springs out (Cheapish parts to do when hard work already done). So I would put them on your list for inspection not neccessarily replacement though.

Last edited by bartandrose; 19th January 2013 at 10:58..
bartandrose is offline   Reply With Quote