View Single Post
Old 4th January 2019, 18:00   #18
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
Yes, under rated by our know it all know nowt media with poisonous little rodents like Clarkson's sidekick shout out loud and clear MGFs are RUBBISH on UK National Prime Time TV whilst forever bigging up Japanese two seat product. Huge negative influence the long and the short pair of the former Top Gear Trio. Folks believe that stuff... "Been on Top Gear John and WATCHDOG so must be kosher" ...... Clueless.

Both the Elise and MGF/TF share the same powertrain configuration. It works ... well... ask Ferrari but not Porsche. Too pendulous.

Some like this can be picked up for little more than loose change ... relatively speaking. Here's mine :~

Five years ago, when I was a regular contributor over on the usually anti-MG-Rover car enthusiast web site with initials PH, another member contacted me offering the above car along with a long list of MoT fails. He took it on to make a track car out of it but, his storage space was no longer available so offered it to me for little money. Did not go looking for an MGF but, this was the proverbial offer impossible to refuse. The long list contained nothing serious for any half decent DIYer who enjoys working on cars. I hardly ever use it and a nephew has shown interest and I will sell it when weather improves. Mainly because it needs a few minor jobs to complete before ready to sell. Has MoT until September and goes very well even allowing for over 120,000 on its clocks.

EDIT TO ADD :~

My son has also lapped "The Ring" in his Rover 620ti loaded with mates and their holiday stuff. I think they enjoyed that experience as one recorded the lap and put it on YouTube here. :~

.... Youngsters today ... don'y know theyze born...

Oh get over it, you are just as opinionated and blinkered as anyone on Pistonheads - you are as wrong as the rest of them much of the time as well, the only difference is people put up with you more on here so you think people are agreeing with you

Last edited by mystabe; 4th January 2019 at 18:02..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote