View Single Post
Old 11th November 2019, 08:23   #1
jimbournemouth

Rover 75 estate

Default 75 connoissuer cdti inertia/fuel pump/starting problems

Hi all, some help please? I was driving and the car suddenly cut out. The doors unlocked automatically and the warning lights came on. When I turned the ignition off and then on again to try to restart the car, the needle on the fuel gauge (which is faulty, saying a quarter of a tank when it is actually empty) jumped to a full tank and then settled again at just over half, which is where it should have been, having just put £20 in. I couldn't get the car to start again and thought it may be the immobiliser playing up, so tried to lock and unlock the car a few times. On the locking function the horn sounded once, and it's still doing that. I had a search through the forum and found a post suggesting the inertia switch, which I have now replaced, but the car still won't start and the horn is still sounding once on locking the vehicle. I've had a read through some posts and I think from what I've read it could be a number of things, fuel pump? inertia switch? problems but I can't find anything definitive. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance and thanks for the great forum.
And if there is anyone in the Bournemouth area who is a 75 expert, I'd be grateful if you got in touch, thanks again!
jimbournemouth is offline   Reply With Quote