Thread: Close call
View Single Post
Old 7th July 2020, 13:09   #1
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts
Default Close call

Nearly had a major accident when a moron joining the dual carriageway (from a sliproad) pulled across both lanes nearly into the side of me! i had moved over lanes to give him a space to join the carriageway. Fortunately i saw him coming and managed to get enough into the central area to avoid contact but i was less than a handsbredth from hitting the central barriers and his vehicle when he eventually took heed of my horns and gave a little more room!

Even more fortunately the police were a little further up the road with a speed camera watching vehicles coming from my direction and saw the whole incident so they pulled him in and i followed him in. The first thing he said to them was did they see me coming up at a ridiculous speed and nearly caused an accident ???? Fortuitously they had been checking my speed when it occurred and informed him that i was travelling at 66mph on a 70 mph dual carriageway!!

They obviously read him the riot act and informed him they would be reporting him for the consideration of dangerous driving as he had been a gnats whisker from causing a serious accident and that if i hadn't been able to brake as hard as i had and managed to keep the car under control on the loose stuff it wouldn't have been good.

Had a bit of an adrenalin rush for a while and the copper lolled a little when i mentioned it was a good job they were keeping us apart or he would have been speaking to them with a swollen mouth!!

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT

Last edited by Rogue; 7th July 2020 at 15:57.. Reason: spelling mistake
Rogue is online now   Reply With Quote