View Single Post
Old 14th March 2019, 19:41   #73
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hello to all my good friends here.

The last few weeks have not seen any real changes, I have though tried to carry on and do things to keep me occupied. Car wise the the Panda just keeps rolling on, I gave it it's annual service on that very nice day in February we had, an oil change, filters and brake check. I was then invited to go to Walters who was my brilliant gaffer in Sony Service during the 90's. He was the one who drove all the way down to see me from Strathpeffer last month, what a wonderful thing to do I then made a plan to go up which I did on Tuesday, I was going to stay till this Sunday. Although the weather was pretty nasty the Panda did all what it should and returned 54mpg. I got there around 2pm but arrived at a family disaster, so sadly I only stayed one night which was sad. Walter and his wife Sandra had to leave on Wednesday morning to go to Worcester. Being fair it actually did me the world of good as although I was pretty upset leaving home on Tuesday morning I did it and once underway enjoyed the drive, the longest since I was paid off since my redundancy in 2015. Coming home the weather up north was sunny from Inverness to Perth, I kept playing the three songs from Anne's funeral on repeat in the car at nearly full volume, I'm sure the other cars could hear them, its a cracking stereo in the panda with six speakers (Lounge Spec) and loads of bass. The run home was like therapy. I now know I can do it without too much mental stress. I have made a plan to go back once Walter's family problems are sorted out.

Obviously I massively miss my darling Anne, life will never ever be the same again, I still talk to her and always will do, no one could ever fill her shoes and I'd never want anyone to ever do that. I am though trying to keep busy and keep in touch with friends and do my hobbies. Time is a healer of course but it is still early days.
God bless you all.

Last edited by murphyv310; 14th March 2019 at 19:44..
murphyv310 is offline   Reply With Quote