View Single Post
Old 26th October 2020, 05:47   #15
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
I did my 25's HG etc at the beginning of the COVID lockdown over a couple of weekends. Although I'd have liked to put in an MLS the liner heights were low and uneven, so I went for a DMGRS elastomer. Glad I did it then as the car's a real workhorse now with the kids living at home. In my case the fault was just having to top up coolant every couple of weeks, not the chocolate milkshake you had.

Guess your cylinder head was fit for purpose then The elastomer gasket is great. As we all know, time/temperature/chemicals is what that deteriorate the elastomer seal and make it fail at some point, making the water to go either out or into the oil. If a failing elastomer gasket is identified and replaced at an early stage there will be no problem to just replace it with a new one In my case, the car has been driven with a failed gasket until the car was not driveable. As mentioned earlier, this car was identified with a failing HG for 2 years/1000miles ago. The owner did just ignore this and continued to use it, wrecking the cylinder head.
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote