View Single Post
Old 1st December 2020, 17:43   #32
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldie View Post
About ten years ago, of an evening when a light drizzle was the air, I went to my local Halfords. I parked next to a car with a French registration. As I entered the store a man in his early fifties left. I trolled around the store for about fifteen minutes, bought something or other and left. The French car had it's bonnet up and sprawled across the engine was the driver, the self-same man who left the store around fifteen minutes earlier. Dead, very. Damp night, metal zip, exposed battery terminals . . .
If the guy had a pace-maker an electric shock could have stopped it working. Also he might have got near the high voltage side of the ignition if it was a petrol engine.

There are a lot of things that might have been the cause. The car's voltage from in the battery in damp air might have been enough.-----It's all supposition.

Under normal conditions, working in the dry with dry hands the resistance of a human being skin is enough to prevent the electricity entering the body.-( 12volts from the battery. )

What really disrupts human cells is high voltage. Spark plug voltage is enough. It simply instantaneously boils the liquid in the cell. Amperage plays very little part in it.-

A most apt Xmas smillie.

As lightening hits a tree the liquid content of the trunk is instantly turned into high pressure steam and the trunk simply explodes.----

PS.---Voltage is PRESSURE.---Amperage is QUANTITY.------Without voltage amperage doesn't go anywhere.

Last edited by COLVERT; 1st December 2020 at 17:46..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote