View Single Post
Old 13th May 2021, 11:38   #9
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
There is a steel bar connected to the actuator that feeds to the exterior door handle, it fits into a plastic clip on the actuator and is removed by pulling it towards the outer skin of the door. There is also a bar that goes into a white clip, the clip pops open to release the bar. Makes sure the clip is fully closed when refitting and check the exterior handle works correctly before refitting the door card, if it doesn't then reopen the white clip and push the bar upwards then close the clip whilst pushing the bar up. there's a. cable that feeds to the interior door handle, that needs to be disconnected at the handle end and swapped over to the new actuator once the old one is out. You will see a plastic flap where the cable enters the actuator, pop it open with a small screwdriver and it will be obvious how to remove the cable. Fit the cable to the new actuator before refitting to the car. If your struggles continue PM me and I can call you and talk you through it, It is easy once you have done it
Good luck. Lee.
Hi Lee

I've given up for a while as I've got a gash in my arm from fiddling with this thing.

Still confused as to which bar is which and which clip is which.

The first bar you mention..is that the one with a 1 inch white clip at the bottom through which a threaded portion of the bar passes? If so I've tried pushing the bar at the bottom towards the outer panel but it wont budge and RAVE warns against breaking this clip ( if its the right one).

This bar also has a white connector at the top end which I presume connects to the door handle mechanism, the photos I've seen on the forum suggest I remove the bar from this clip but again nothing moves when i push the bar toward either the outer panel, the inner panel or the edge where the strike plate is.

Cheers

Paul
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote