View Single Post
Old 16th July 2019, 16:45   #194
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool ....................and now we have had

................................... a Ceramic Coating done by Devils Detailing. I never asked to have this done but Karl Hooley, owner of Devil Hooley, offered to come and do the Ceramic Coating as he thought the legend that is “The Flying Banana” deserved it. His words not mine.

Karl and his sidekick turned up at 09.30 this morning having set out from their home in Lancaster at 03.30 this morning. After a loo visit and a cuppa they set about the transformation.
First job was to remove the wax. I left them to do this and got on with gardening.
I popped out to see if they wanted a drink to find them putting the base coat of the Ceramic Coating on.

Wow! What a shine. But Karl said that after the base coat was applied they would then put the shine enhancer on. But the base coat takes about 60 minutes to completely dry. So with more tea made, I went back to my gardening. I did take some photo’s.
They stopped for lunch, they had brought there own. And we waited for the top coat to go on.

I was working in my little office when Lindsey, Karl’s sidekick, called out to me and said they were putting on the top coat and Karl wanted to show me how to apply it as I would need to top up the shine a few times over the next couple of years. He was leaving me a bottle of the top coat at no charge.
Well all I can say is she shines even more.

Karl had done me a deal and I was happy to part with a bit more money on my car.
And I said that Karl could use the photo’s that I would post up on his website. Love helping out one man businesses to achieve.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 16th July 2019 at 17:24.. Reason: Additions
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote