View Single Post
Old 12th September 2019, 11:55   #3
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Default Hilarity ensues

Right. Mate of mine has 2 Rover 75's that he's getting rid of. Scrapping, basically, and he told me I could have the exhaust off one of them. So I went down about three houses, which was where the car was, and I jacked it up and had a look. The connecting bracket bolt thingy was rusted solid and too thick for my hacksaw, so I got a grinder, and tried to go through the exhaust in front of the bracket so I could pull the back box and pipe work out and sort out the connection later. Since 8.30 this morning till now (12.30ish) I've been trying various things until I admitted defeat and gave up. A trolley jack and my huge belly under a lowish slung car do not make for the best working methods!

The fun bit? Mine is a 1.8turbo petrol saloon, this was a 2 litre diesel estate. So it wouldn't have fitted but I thought I might be able to make it fit somehow. A free, non-rotted stainless exhaust is still a free exhaust, provided you can remove the thing!

So, I have once again been thwarted by my lack of knowledge, skill, tools and ability. I do have enthusiasm though, and he is now selling a car that has a hale half way through one of the exhaust pipes!
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote