View Single Post
Old 17th December 2019, 00:57   #10497
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I normally avoid automated car washes but with a funeral to go to on Saturday and no time to get my ZT looking respectable I took it through the local car wash.
I was a bit alarmed by the amount of water roaring down the windscreen toward the plenum but the car ran fine afterward.
Later in the day though I got a bulb out warning for one of the sidelights, which turned out to be a false alarm. The next day my fuel guage started reading 1/4 full even though I had filled the tank. shutting off the car and restarting made this go away.
Worried, I opened up the plenum but it was dry as a bone inside. (I had cleaned out the drains when I changed the pollen filter during the summer.)
I'm hoping that these anomalies were just a fluke but I am keeping my fingers crossed that no more electrical gremlins appear.
I'm also disappointed that the fog light bulb that burned out last week is still burned out after the other issues cured themselves!