Thread: Brake problem
View Single Post
Old 25th February 2020, 12:45   #27
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionatus View Post
The pedal does move thats the problem. Theres no pressure. It goes straight to the floor with the blip my mate mentioned. I have no idea if he imagined it or not but slight pressure halfwayish then none suggests flipping seals to me. Be aware I was an IT professional not and engineering professional so my rationality is NOT based on experience only on educated guesswork. But several bleeds and no pressure still suggests air to me the 3 mechanics laughing at us are the ones saying master and seal flip. As we have no access to a T4 I have no way of knowing and even if MarinaBrian was willing thats a 65 mile drive with no brakes. I think I have TOAF somewhere does it have the ABS purge brakes thingy?
Either a fault with the master cylinder, (bear in mind though that if you didn't push the calipers' pistons back in whilst still connected to the car then there is no risk at all of flipping a seal.) or the level went too low when you were bleeding and you have entrapped air in the system.

How clean was everything? Any bit of muck getting into the system can prevent the seals from working if you are unlucky.

I'd have another go at bleeding it, as air entering the brake lines at the master cylinder will take some time to purge through.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote