View Single Post
Old 31st December 2020, 11:06   #9
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Default Changing bonnet catches

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
FWIW you can route the cables properly with the slam panel in place. Tie string to the old cables when you remove them and then tie to new cables and pull through.
I think with the near side you do need to pull the slam panel up with some force.

There are threads about replacing the cables because they fray and snap so it is a job worth doing

macafee2

Yeah, next time round I would try to do without removing the slam panel, but it was useful to take the slam panel off just to check the routing. It would have been a simple job only for the torx screws securing the radiator mount to the slam panel being seized.🙄
The nearside (long cable) was knackered, as the outer sleeve was worn through in 2 places, making it very “catchy” when trying to pull the cable. Offside (short cable) wasn’t too bad, and would have probably been ok just to lubricate, but replaced it as well when I was at it.
I lubricated both new cables with oil, and put plenty of grease in the catches before I put them on. Hopefully won’t have to do again on this car in it’s lifetime.🤔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote