View Single Post
Old 20th November 2021, 07:18   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Green View Post
Hi Ian. I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough about the Club to give specifics, I would be prepared to leave that to those better placed.
I was really just pointing out the incredible and vast amount of expert advice and solutions available at such a small price. I know that helping each other out is what the Club is about and there are numerous examples in many threads. I've been really impressed by the amount of parts you've supplied f.o.c from your donor car. But I digress. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more.
Thank you, I did not want to make money from your kindness, that was not appropriate. I will never be rich with that attitude
I am a member of a number of other forums, some I guess survive via advertising, others I have no idea how they survive.
One forum has just gone to subscriptions to access some areas that were once free.

Before we agree to increased subs, we need to know what the money will be used for. Forums should be free for the most part. Paying to sell a vehicle, yep I can go with that.

As for pensions, perhaps obvious to plan for the future but when you are young it is not top of your list. Do schools teach financial planning? I was in my 40's when I considered a pension but being BT I had been in one for some 20 + years. The last few years with BT I put as much money as I was allowed into AVC's.
The minimum wage is to low. For some time now I think being in a pension scheme is automatic unless you opt out, if you can opt out, perhaps this is the thin edge of the wedge to no state pension in years to come. There is more to settled life then a pension, there is also what do you do with your money when you get it. Spend it if you need to or save it if you can afford to.

I think pension age is to high, 67, your body is on its way out. With private pensions lets look at 55 being the new retirement age. I'm sure there are reasons why this is not practicable.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote