View Single Post
Old 20th January 2022, 22:30   #30
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
yes of course, the top 5, and those with a job, need to get to work, so they must be prioritised, cannot get more prioritised than get preferential free transport. The top 5 are so important, they get more preference. Perhaps a bus stop place closer to their homes, you cannot have them wasting time walking to a bus stop ...........

I think you missed the point about the rich OAPs. They should give up their homes. They bought them cheap enough, and are now currently not paying for them, its only fair they should give them up to the younger working generation. Especially those top 5 working near the city. Why should those important folk in the top 5 have to waste yet more of their time travelling into the city, when they could live in a house close to the city that has gone from 3 and 6 in 1969 to 5 million. I mean no one wants to spend that kind of money on a two up two down terrace.

Mine and MSS posts were meant to be cynical, ridiculously humourous (well mine were, I reckon, secretly he was genuinely hopeful he could use it as a sounding board for his manifesto to run for prime minister before abolishing the monarchy, reestablishing it just before installing himself as king. But he wont be laughing when he realises he has to heat that slightly bigger bloomin palace than he already has )

Come now Alan, I could not possibly run for PM. I don't like partying, boozing and mixing with hordes of people during lockdowns. In fact, I don't like partying, boozing or people at any time. The need to indulge in fun indicates a loss of personal control over oneself.

The idea of King, now that is interesting. I don't think that Harry and Kate really suit the role anyway.

As for Ian - I do get the feeling that he has a bit of a soft spot for these wealthy OAP types, not realising that by definition they will no longer be rich OAPs post the revolution, just OAPs.

Ian - the fundamental point that you are failing to grasp is that there will not be the rich or poor differentiation post the revolution. All will be poor and happy - other than those in the correction - sorry education - facilities due to their counter revolutionary tendencies. These types will not need to worry about such things and more basic needs will be of essence.