View Single Post
Old 9th April 2020, 21:47   #1
Bean66
Regular poster

MG Ztt

Default Rear seat problem tourer

Hi Guys?

Couple of things I need help with.

Needed to remove the rear seat on my tourer. Got to the stage of removing squab and trying to remove seatbelt anchor point to get squab out of the car.

But problem with the bottom Torx bit that secures the seatbelt anchor.

The seatbelt securing bolt, the bottom one, is seized solid and bust 2x Torx bits. Tried WD40 from the top but can't get to the rear of bolt from under the car as it seems to be behind the fuel tank.

But main issue is with the backrest and i managed release that, though i can't get it out of the car due to the seat belt prob. Unless i can split the back rest at the 60/40 split. My workshop manual doesn't tell me how.

But the prob with the backrest is the small section is coming apart at the bottom. This is visible from inside the car when seats are in as normal so i want to get it sorted.

As you can see from the pic the front and rear seat facing are secured together by what appears to be a zip type fastener, but with no zip ends. So once it parts now obvs way to put it back together.

So my Q is, is there a correct way of putting it back together or do i just put lots of small cable ties every couple of cm's along the zip fastener and pull the sides together.

I think it work work sort of ok'ish but would rather do it correctly without have to pop along to Aldridge Trimming (Classic Car Trimmers in Mids) and cough up way too much cash.

The other Q is how to get that lower seatbelt anchor Torx out as it so solid the last two Torx bits have snapped.So any ideas how to get it out given i can't seem to get to the rear of it?

I could weld a nut on it but would rather not go welding with my SE seats still in place.

Cheers

Bean

Last edited by Bean66; 9th April 2020 at 21:51..
Bean66 is offline   Reply With Quote