View Single Post
Old 11th April 2020, 19:51   #9
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

First your profile says you have a TF. I will assume either your seats are from a ZT, or your tourer is a ZT. Why, because the 75 tourer has no zip along the bottom that I have worked on. they have hook & slide over plastic strips. I have not stripped one down for getting on for a decade, but I did at least a dozen, all 75's, and none had a zipper.

From your pic I see you have removed the third retaining torx bolt. I assume you know how to release the backrest end retaining collars to remove the backrest.

Have you read my guide.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ht=tourer+seat

The zip is a double open ended type. Insert the two ends of the zip into the zipper. Pull the zipper along and straight out, (From the inside) some leave the zipper on near the end.

The zipper used at the factory is attached to a long rod, because the zip has to be zipped up from inside (like being in a sleeping bag, and zipping it up, and the zipper is near your feet, wishing the zipper had a long piece of atring to grab and pull the zipper up). Because you cannot climb inside the seat to zip it up, the long rod is used to pull the zipper along from the inside. What I do is attach a thin wire to to zipper puller to pull the zipper along the zip.

Any zipper cannot be used, you can be lucky and get one the correct type and size. The type of zipper used on the ZT backrest (or one with a zip) is upholstery nylon loop. You need to measure the width of one of the loops to get the correct slider size. I am quite certain the size is N3, You can just buy a zip, and remove the zipper from it.

Will PM you my email address, saves image hosting.

Last edited by Devilish; 12th April 2020 at 00:08..
Devilish is online now   Reply With Quote