View Single Post
Old 16th June 2021, 06:03   #6
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I suppose it all boils down to the cost of them at the end of the day! at present the FCEV Toyota Mirai costs around the £60000 mark.

I've been reading freight want to go the hydrogen route as the amount/weight of batteries needed to transport class 1 lorries will have too much impact on nett weight they will be able to carry.

Madrid want to take 1000 diesel taxis off the roads of the Spanish capital & replace them with 1000 Toyota Mirai's
Paris has announced a similar large-scale project with hydrogen taxis in the French capital, where diesel vehicles are to be replaced by 600 Toyota Mirai.

The other fly in the ointment is what "colour" of Hydrogen will be manufactured?
Some good point made in this post.

Yes, capital costs will be higher in the short term but should be better once volume kicks in.

Very good points regarding length of time to refuel (same as petrol/diesel liquids). Especially the HGV one whereby toting x-cwt of batteries about is a cost even if charging times are not (charged battery packs for swap with the discharged one's).

Personally, I've always thought hydrogen was a better bet than electric.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote