View Single Post
Old 11th July 2021, 00:58   #6
Ahrle

Morris ZT-T 190+

Thanks for the quick replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Short of the ZT 260 V8 - the 1.8t which was limited by BMW/MGR to 160 bhp to prevent outshining the 190/BMW sports saloons when reset to its original 200 BHP is the speediest.

Am sure a 190/V6 owner will come onto explain.

Welcome to the club.
Thank you Seems understandable, as it would also compete with the more expensive sixes (although the predecessor 620ti already had 200hp).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
I expect one or both vis motors are kaput which can certainly make the car feel sluggish.
Hm, my guessings too. Do bad VIS motors also affect performance at high revs (say, above 4k)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobson View Post
Don’t forget that the bmw is rear wheel drive, which is far superior in a standing race to x speed. That will likely be the reason for the quicker times. And as others have said, for the zt to not be reaching its stated times there is probably a vis motor dead. And finally, the tourer is heavier so you’d need to have the official specs for that, then compare. The extra weight of the bmw will help traction off the line
Well, it could be, but the 0-100 kph difference is just 0.8 seconds. At 180 kph, the gap has increased to over 6 seconds. I feel, if anything, it should be the opposite. The ZT should perform more equal to a loaded 3 series (coupé, cabrio).

Although one car might not say too much; my 190 tourer weighs in at 1520kg with driver, full tank and no spare wheel mod (bless or blame previous owners). Just 35kg heavier than claimed weight of the saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I suggest you compare the gear ratios.
Yeah, thought of that. At Zeperfs, the ZT seems slower in 3rd, but quicker in 4th and 5th. ZT's top speed is lower too, so I guess it has lower gearing (may check in detail later).

ZT's 0-100 dilemma seems partly caused by the theoretical 2nd gear top speed of 98 kph, meanwhile the 525i hits 101. But the ZT still doesn't catch up on 3rd; that's when it's really getting behind.

Performance appears more equal to the 170hp 520i; also the Rover 75 2.5 will dust it at 180 kph.
Ahrle is offline   Reply With Quote