View Single Post
Old 17th July 2019, 22:14   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Chavs don't go to that OCD level or expense!

Some of the bits where he took off brackets and corrosion protected behind them... and also the bits where all the genuine BMW parts are laid out... love seeing that.

Also he was the same as me, applying grease behind bolt heads to protect the paint/powercoat when tightening.

I think the total bill was £10k from the YT comments, but result... very very nice.

EDIT, those rear subframe safety washers look awfully similar to the Rover ones, wonder if they fit?!
I didnt watch it, I dragged the slider across to view (I saw what it was and whilst I can appreciate the work, I just couldnt bring myself to watch such an uninspiring subject - no I dont watch R75/ZT restoration videos either). But saw nothing special, or outstanding. To me it was just how it should have been done even if it was a chav mobile. If such a quality car needed that work, you have to wonder what all the fuss about BMs is? Prefer me an old E30, but maybe that is my age, but always thought the E36 cheapened the brand (remember everyone clamouring over the 36s removing the 316 badges and colour coding their bumpers?) and brought them into keeping up with the Jones's territory. After them, the 46 were then made to a price to keep up the company car market. But as I said, each to their own.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 17th July 2019 at 22:17..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote