View Single Post
Old 15th June 2022, 18:52   #165519
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Having one of those days, everything I do goes wrong! Made a coffee this morning, milk is on the turn, going out anyway so add milk to the list.

Get back and get the hoover out, quick blast around the kitchen with the hose then into the lounge . . . . hold on, its not lifting any of the girl's hair off the carpet, brush bar isn't turning. Out with the tools, pulled it to bits, discovered a load of my other half's hair wrapped around the brush bar bearings. Removed that, lubed the bearings up, sorted. Need to get one of those Sharp things that doesn't get clogged up with hair.

Next I went to check something on the laptop . . . . it froze, had to crash out and reboot. Much muttering and under breath cursing.

Got a letter from the NHS earlier, on about a pneumococcal vaccine . . . . what the hell is a pneumococcal vaccine Never had one, never heard of it. Did a bit of reading, its aimed at those with underlying conditions (plenty of them!) and can hold off some scary stuff caused by the bacterium Streptococcus pneumoniae . . . . don't like the sound of that.
Had the pneumoniae vaccine at the same time as my shingles jab, the nurse said it seemed a shame not to make use of the spare arm while I was there !! both are a once only event. No side effects from either.