View Single Post
Old 5th July 2022, 12:40   #174
BobD75Rover

Rover 75

Default By We I assume You The English? Tut tut

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Sturgeon will get her wish if she can persuade the Scots that the figures add up which is defintely not as clear cut as you would suggest. Back in 2014 they were marginal at best. Since then oil production is a quarter of what it was and now she is in bed with the Greens it will only reduce further.
Do not forget that we will no longer give you money under the Barnett formula and you have to pay a substantial annual levy to the EU.
You might be at the EU table with what is likely to be 30 other members so the 30:1 ratio is not much difference to what the SDP have at Westminster so I am not sure how much bigger the crumbs will be.
You’ll find that the massive natural, cultural and people resources belong to Scotland in an independent future, the Barnet formula has never worked for anyone but England. I assure you, The English Westminster Government will be biting off our hands to negotiate deals as without being able to bleed Scotland dry, England will be on a shoogly peg. This We and Us carry on only fuels our desire to be independent, Scotland doesn’t need anyone’s permission to break this Voluntary Union and you should remember that. Also remember when assuming Scotland has massive debts, it’s a fact that the Scottish Government can’t run a debt, only Westminster can do that, so if Scotland is in a poor state it’s as part of this perfect UK Union you’re so glossy eyed about. The Union is dead and good riddance when it comes. Our individual countries can all do far better without being bled dry by London.
BobD75Rover is offline   Reply With Quote