View Single Post
Old 20th April 2022, 08:46   #13
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Tesla have had this system out on Beta for a few years getting baseline data from all manner of driving styles & their FSD "Full self Driving" system but lots of drivers on that scheme are complaining that they're being given bad scores because of the way roads are marked out.

There's a local junction in town I use regular which turns really sharp right just yards before the halt sign. There is an extended pavement on the lefthand side that follows the road round to the junction where someone parks their car there.
The AEB radar on my MG ZS EV picks it up as I'm braking or regenerating at normal speed up to the junction but swiftly applies the AEB as the radar system thinks I'm going to rear end the parked car because of the line of sight angle. My missus wont use that junction because of it as the warning beeps & sound of the AEB pump it makes is scary to her
Hi Ian,

TH AEB on our trucks were a pain at times also. Every Sunday when i used to go Stansted on my return... Id get to th under pass of th A1 (Id be traveling on A14)... After exsiting th rounderbout it would spot th big regeneration advertisment sign and slam th brakes on. Very disconcertain.

Th worst thing it did was on a duel carrige way in Wales... I over took a HGV and was moving back over when it spotted a cyclist in a cyclist lane and slammed them on again. For th driver behind id just over taken, it must have been horrendous.