View Single Post
Old 11th May 2021, 07:59   #5
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Totally agree with Andy’s assessment Rich......

I would suggest two Subject Access Requests be submitted, one to the legal firm asking why it has contacted you on this matter, who retained them to contact you and the “logic process for this decision, be it manual or automatic”. You should ask for full copies of all relevant correspondence “however stored” (ie- computer files, telephone recordings and paper files) You should state that under GDPR they have 30 days to respond

The second SAR should be sent to the third parties insurer asking similar to the above but asking why they have retained a legal firm to contact you direct in contravention of the rules as set out under the FCA.

SAR’s never fail to stop this sort of nonsense and get these firms to sit up and take notice of the rules.

When they back of - as they invariably do, you can then forward the files to the Financial Ombudsman with a note saying that whilst you have dealt with this (assuming all works in your favour) you are unhappy with how they wrongly treated you under the rules. This puts such appalling actions up onto the Financial Ombudsman's “radar”.

We are extremely fortunate in this country to have Subject Access Requests available to us as well as the Financial Ombudsman’s service.

Actions such as you are currently experiencing should not go unchallenged.
Brilliant advice. I didn't even think of it but, given the "Rabbit in the headlights" followed by "Drop everything and get this done" action when a SAR landed at work I should have.

Good Luck with it Rich.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote