View Single Post
Old 21st March 2019, 18:51   #302
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Well, not a very good start.................

.............................................. on today’s viewings.

The estate agent whom I was going to with today for my 8 viewings phoned me earlier to re-arrange the schedule. No problem for me. The first one had now cancelled our visit, no reason given. Our second call wanted to change the time. So with a bit of juggling about it was sorted.

All the viewings were in and around in Plympton, and the first one was at 14.15 and the last was now going to be at 16.30.
Redfive I’m using for these viewings as she is ok with the stop start work. So off we went to the first house. The estate agent was late and to add insult to injury he forgot to bring the keys.

So we went onto the 2nd call as this was near to the office, allowing him to pop back and get the missing keys. Nice house but not for me.
I then returned to the first house whilst the agent went to get the keys.
We met up at the house. Very nice but again not for me, parking would be tight for two cars.
Onto no.3, now this was very nice indeed but again it was 4 bedrooms and just out of my price range.
No.4 was again stunning with a beautiful extension, tastefully decorated. Kitchen to die for, lovely wet room in one of the two bathrooms. Really nice but over my price range.

No.5 was a nightmare to get to as it was in the same road as a large school, and it was chucking out time for the little darlings. Along with the kids milling across the road and the mum’s with their Chelsea tractors it was hard to follow the agent, luckily the kerbs were low so Redfive was able to squeeze by with two wheels up on the pavement. Finally parked in the drive of the house. Again a cracking house and a beautiful garden, which backed onto a golf course.
But not for me, too big and too expensive.

Now no.6 was the best of the lot. The views over to the embankment at Plymouth was fantastic. But alas way over my price range by £25k. And 4 bedrooms were not for me. Garage was very wide inside, plenty of room to open your doors without hitting the wall. 4 ZT’s would fit in the driveway.
No.7 we didn’t bother with as the parking was virtually nonexistent.
So with the agent we went over the houses and the second one along with the last one were my favourites.

As we parted I said I would email my reviews through once I got home. Just as I got back into Redfive my phone was ringing, another estate agent phoning to book another call for next week in Callington and to tell me that one of the houses I was to visit had now been sold.

It’s a lot to take in but I’m coping better this time round. It helps living down here rather than last year where I was commuting to and fro to London via either Torquay or Saltash.
Got 5 scheduled calls tomorrow in Plymouth, no doubt that will change in the morning.
Had my dinner, washed up and now chilling with a cuppa and watching the snooker.

Thanks for reading.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 21st March 2019 at 18:53.. Reason: Lost words found.
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote