Rover Raver
Avid contributor

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
It's this badge

This is from No. 1/100

Russ

Please don't take offence on the quality of the photo, but I seem to recall having read that No. 1 was finished in Chatsworth, so this photo is a little over-exposed.

Having read some of the other comments on this limited edition, I am wondering whether a 'second batch' might have been built for sale in more European countries with a modified spec (i.e. body colour and wheel choice) at a slightly later date (end of 2004/early 2005) which did not have a press announcement.

The 100 cars announced at the 2004 Paris Motor Show had an equal 50:50 split built between Chatsworth and Black Olive being produced, although a Racing Green car has come up as a potential Anniversary Edition too.

I am only guessing here, but I think it is possible that the 'Anniversary' theme was repeated for other markets although these cars had a different colour and trim specification and may not have had the special decals or a numbered ashtray lid.

I will try and see what else I can find out from "another source" about these limited editions.

Of interest, I believe other derivative names such as 'Heritage LSE' and 'Sport LE' were also used for export derivatives we commonly refer to as the Limousine and Contemporary.