View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2018, 10:03   #4
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordimussol View Post
Why not a key and locks off a scrapyard? Only driver's door and ignition barrel, right?
Lot more to it than that. This was posted by BigRuss about a similar situation, only key lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Yes I'd advise anyone who hasn't got a spare to have at least a key blade cut that would have made things easier The locks, drivers window glass and steering column wouldn't have needed changing. All that would have been needed would have been a new transponder coding into the immobiliser and replace ment remote board.

What a lot of owners don't realise is that if it was last locked on the remote then even if you smash a window you can't open any of the doors from the inside

You can't replace the ignition barrel without the key either! If you try and drill it out unless you're very careful there's a weak spot built into the steering lock that will break leaving you unable to disengage it even after the remains of the lock are removed.

So if you've only got one key and keep putting it off, my advice is to get a key cut

Thanks Paul for the numerous cups of tea and coffee they helped keep out the cold nicely :-)

Russ

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote