View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2018, 21:44   #10
south bank
Avid contributor

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE Saloon (Pre-Facelift)

Yep, I'm a clot. Sadly pointing at me and saying that isn't going to get my car started. I've tried saying that in the mirror many times and have yet to obtain a useful result from it.

I was quite unlucky, in that it slipped off what turned out to be a slightly loose keyring whilst out for the day in another car.

I did try to get a blade cut a couple of times, but the local Timpsons and such wouldn't cut a key that wasn't able to be programmed. I tried a few times, but it's rarely ever convenient to do something like this so with each failure, it became less and less likely I'd manage to get it done. In barely using the car, it slipped down my priority list. You might have more friendly cutters in your area.

I'm not trying to do it on the cheap. I have accepted it will cost me roughly £200. Even by obtaining a key cut according to the code on my ECU, I still need a T4 to program it to my car don't I? Or am I mistaken?

Does anyone know anywhere reputible that is a one stop shop for this? Somewhere or someone that I can post my ECU and immobiliser to in order to be posted back a new working key?

Thanks.

Real Wood Dashboard, Chrome Bullet Mirrors, Real Leather Armrest,1.8 Torpedo Badges, Rear Lamp Access Panels, Driver's Grab Handle, Footwell Wall Carpet, Real Leather Handbrake, Rear Ash Tray, Seatbelt Bolt Anchor Caps, Original Cigar Lighter, Original Door Reflectors.
south bank is offline   Reply With Quote