View Single Post
Old 19th September 2018, 16:36   #7
chrisk

Rover 75 Saloon

I'm from Solihull and admire JLR for much, but on this question I wish I knew its medium- term future. I'm concerned: the West Midlands has already lost enough manufacturing. I rode through Longbridge on Saturday and needed to orientate myself. There is nothing left.

This diesel backlash has been coming for a while, even before VW, and blaming ineffective product planning so easily on everyone else feels like a cop-out. I know it's hard to make money on small cars, but someone obviously is. Also, the F-Pace looks like an Evoque (surprise).

The industry can tell me as much as it likes how clean modern diesels are. They might be now, but they won't be by the time the car is on its third owner who can't afford to keep it clean because it's too tech. dependent.

We all see them everyday belching soot over the footpaths. The was an article just this morning about SO2 causing dementia. I don't know if it's true or not, but I bet it won't be 2040 before it's banned.

I'd agree about mud-plugging if enough ever saw a deep puddle, let alone mud. Since the end of the Defender, farmers seem to be buying Ford Rangers.

It's worrying. Lithium is harmful and batteries are difficult to recycle. I hope a more sustainable power source can be developed soon.
chrisk is offline   Reply With Quote