View Single Post
Old 10th August 2019, 19:22   #30
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
mss, if you are not aware then I feel because of your comment above you should be. Rimmers web site for the Rover 75 as I don't know about others, is displaying less and less as they seem only to be showing what they have in stock.

Here is an example page https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID002031
and this comment is on the page "Illustrated Items Not Listed Are Currently" Not Available

This is a real shame as one could not only obtain a part number to search else where but also see if the bit was right for their year of car and VIN number.

macafee2

This just highlights the point. Rimmers provided (and continue to provide to a slightly lesser extent) a very useful free service that no other supplier provides. Unfortunately, so many abused it by looking up the parts on the Rimmers' site and then going off to buy elsewhere. Some then went further and came on here to complain about their P&P charges i.e. effectively making a negative payment for their parts lookup service.

We get what we deserve!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote