View Single Post
Old 9th January 2022, 09:15   #163226
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Inherited a watch from an uncle who passed away some time ago, my aunt passed away recently and her house is being cleared. Its a Tissot, don't think its valuable but its a nice looking watch. Popped the back off to check what battery it wants, now I can't "pop" the back on again.

Been looking online and can't for the life of me find the watch, can find similar ones but the faces are different
Sometimes, the "pop on/off" backs get a bit concave or convex which stops them catching hold around the edges. Also, you sometimes have to replace them perfectly flat, using a press tool. Tissot are a good make but when quartz came in, they had to compete with all the cheaper imports (as with most good quality brands). This led to a lowering of manufacturing complexity, hence the snap on backs as opposed to threaded ones, which often required a special tool to remove. If the back has gone a bit rounded, you can sometimes give them a press, or tap in the opposite direction to bring back the gripping edge. Some of the modern Tissots don't even get serviced, in the normal sense, these days but the movement is replaced entirely as it works out cheaper!!! Mike