View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2022, 19:26   #7
gliderdoctor

Rover75 tourer

Hi Simon

Thanks for the info - that great.

Yes, I still have a diesel - a 2005 auto connoisseur tourer - brilliant car, I love it. Just gone over 200,000 miles, and the way it drives it still has another 200,000 in it!!!

The wife had a 2004 diesel manual tourer, but we live right next to the RAF Museum at Hendon, London, and the kids go to school inside the North Circular road, and the wife works in the city. With the new London ULEZ coming into effect last year, the Rover 75 diesels were subject to the £12.50 daily charge for going anywhere inside the North / South circular roads, so one of them at least had to go. As I work outside of London, I have kept my diesel auto tourer, but the wife has now got a 54 plate 1.8 auto tourer as the 1.8 from around mid 2003 onwards is the only Rover 75 that meets the London ULEZ rules.

We didn't really want to get rid of either of the diesel tourers, but with these ULEZ rules, at least 1 had to go, so now we still have 2 Rover 75 tourers, but only one is diesel, and the other is a 1.8 petrol!

The 75's are brilliant cars, it's such a shame that the newest ones are 2005 (my diesel tourer is one of the last built), and as such they are starting to get a bit long in the tooth, but I'm sure there will be many still on the roads for quite some time yet.

I just need to get this intermittent cutting out on the wife's 1.8 sorted out, and she will be happy. She didn't really want to get rid of her diesel tourer, but was forced into it by these new London ULEZ rules!!

Thanks
Dave
gliderdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote