View Single Post
Old 1st August 2018, 08:55   #1
Randyjim
Regular poster

MG ZT 190

Default ZT 190 Saloon - What Back Box?

So I'm in fairly urgent need of a new back box for my 2005 ZT 190, but can only seem to find 4 options available 'off the shelf'.

The most common is the Klarius part, RR331H (£65-100 depending on supplier). The Klarius Online Catalogue confirms this has the 60mm bore pipe to suit the 190, but the listings on ebay don't list the 190 as compatible, but manufacturers info suggest it will fit.

Autosessive list a Timax part (£100) and also an A2A (£90), part but I can't find any information on these parts, so I'm not confident in the fit.

Finally, Rimmers list WCG000301P as an aftermarket part (£120) where the OE part is no longer available. I've read elsewhere on these pages that this part is possibly Bosal, but these are not the quality they used to be.

I've also had a quote for a custom stainless box, but at £300, but I just can't stretch to that at the moment unfortunately.

What experience of the above parts have people had that will help me choose. My current favourite is the Klarius from ebay for £70, how much worse than the other options can it be? If it fits!

Thanks,
James.
Randyjim is offline   Reply With Quote